In order to be granted an extension, the person in need must complete the request form and attach the required documents, depending on the circumstances.
After assessing the request, a decision to grant the permit or not, will be made.
When extending a permit for a foreign worker, caring for a person in need over 85 years old at the time of the request, the extension will be granted with no need for additional examinations of the person in need, as long as the circumstances remain unchanged (for instance, moving to a care home).
When extending a permit for a foreign worker caring for a person in need under 18 years old at the time of the request, the extension will be granted with no need for additional examinations under two conditions:
- Persons with care needs, having reached retirement age, meeting one of the following criteria:
4.5 ADL points (based on a National Insurance Institute dependency evaluation).
4 ADL points with an additional point (based on a National Insurance Institute dependency evaluation).
Persons with care needs over 90 years old, and having 4 ADL points (based on a National Insurance Institute dependency evaluation).
Persons eligible for partial supervision (0.5 a point under the supervision section) in addition to 1 ADL point (based on a National Insurance Institute dependency evaluation).
Persons eligible for receiving a nursing care pension, by the National Insurance Institute Appeals Committee, authorizing eligibility from 150% - 168%, or 75%-84% (reduced based on income) for a nursing care pension, without a dependency evaluation.
Persons with care needs, who are not eligible for taking a National Insurance Institute dependency evaluation, because of high income, will be referred for a dependency evaluation, directly by the nursing department.
- Persons, aged 18 years, up to retirement age, with care needs, found eligible by the National Insurance Institute to recieve special services.
- Minors (under 18) with care needs, recognized by the National Insurance Institute as a minor with disabilities, or meeting one of the following criteria:
- Minors with care needs, in an education institute, who are dependent on a nurse to provide physical assistance.
- Minors with disabilities, who need assistance form a nurse, throughout most of the day, and cannot attend an educational/therapeutic institute.
- Minors with disabilities, in need of close, ongoing, special medical care, on a daily basis, at home, for example, special care needs at night.
- IDF veterans injured during service and victims of terrorism with disabilities are eligible for a minimum of 17 hours of assisted care, pending the decision of the Ministry of Defense assistance committee or the National Insurance Institute department of victims of terrorism with disabilities.
- Persons with job-related Injuries, recognized by the National Insurance Institute as persons with job-related Injuries, as needing 'extensive care' or 'dependent on assistance'.
Additional criteria subject to the discretion of the authorized bodies:
- Persons with special needs/disabilities:
- 2.5-4 ADL (based on a National Insurance Institute dependency evaluation).
- The person with disabilities lives with another person with disabilities.
- The person with disabilities also has learning disabilities, and lives with a parent over 70 years old.
- The person with disabilities is a parent to 3 children under 16 years old.
- The person with disabilities suffers from a malignant disease or an extreme illness and needs assistance throughout most of the day.
- Hospital inpatients, soon to be discharged, who have received a hospital physician's diagnosis, stating the need for a nurse, and the expected date of discharge.
- Seniors under care of the Ministry of Defense rehabilitation department.
Many of the forms are provided in Hebrew. Seeking assistance from a Hebrew speaker is recommended.
Documents that are required for all applications
Download, print and complete the following three forms, and attach them together with the other required documents, to your application:
Attach the following documents, together with the required forms (above) to your application:
- Confirmation of request for reduced payment fee of 300 NIS.
- Photocopy of ID and ID appendix
Documents that are required depending on the submitted application:
- In cases, in which persons in need of care cannot fulfill the obligations as an employer of a foreign worker, attach a photocopy of their ID card and ID appendix.
- In cases, in which a person in need of care's identity is confidential, you must provide authorization from their custodian.
- In cases, in which the person in need of care is minor (under 18 years old), you must attach:
- Confirmation from the educational institute (school, kindergarten, etc.) the minor attends.
- A medical opinion from the treating physician, supporting the request.
- An up-to-date medical opinion from the social services handling the minor's case, supporting the request.
- An affidavit, signed and witnessed by a lawyer (Form D – continued from forms A-C).
- The National Insurance Institute medical report made when making a pension claim for a child with disabilities.
- In the case of a hospital inpatient, soon to be discharged from hospital:
An application form for inpatients soon to be discharged (Form E – continued from forms A-C).
A medical diagnosis from the treating physician at treating hospital, stating the need for continuous treatment and the expected discharge date of the patient (the permit granted, according to this section, will be subject to the decision of the permits department nursing division's representative professional consulting committee, for a period of three months only. The permit granted, according to this section, will enable employing a foreign worker already in Israel, and not bringing a foreign worker from abroad).
How to apply
Permits department nursing division
– 42 Agripas Street, AUI Building (Ki'ch) 5th Floor, POB 28346, Jerusalem 9128301.
– 125 Menachem Begin Street, 2nd Floor, POB 7105, Tel-Aviv 6107002.
– 3 Israel Galili Street, Government Complex, 2nd Floor, Rishon Lezion 7542602.
– 4 Hatikva Street, Government Complex Mall, Building 5, 5th Floor, Be'er Sheva 8489312.
– 140 Weizman Street, 4th Floor, Kfar Sava 4420319.