Apply for asylum in Israel
Asylum seekers can use this service to apply for asylum in Israel. Eligible applicants will receive Israeli refugee status.
How to apply
- Print and complete the Refugee status determination application form in full and submit it in person at the appropriate Refugee Status Determination Unit (RSD unit):
- During the application process, applicants must submit personal details, address, identifying biometric details, and be photographed.
- If you are currently being held in custody you must submit the Refugee status determination application form to the Population and Immigration Authority’s representatives in the facility in which you are being held.
The service is free of charge.
- Foreign nationals seeking asylum in Israel, must submit the RSD application form within a year of entering the country. Applications made by foreign nationals after a year of entering Israel will be denied.
- Applications made by unaccompanied minors, those suffering from mental health disorders, or victims of torture, will be handled with particular attention, care and sensitivity in accordance with the circumstances.