Who can apply
Foreign nationals in Israel who are legally permitted to be in Israel.
What you need
- A valid passport for at least six months beyond the date you are requesting to stay.
- A current passport photo.
- Proof of means of support, a plane ticket, etc.
- A letter of explanation for the request, including documents proving the authenticity of the application.
Additional documents that you may need
- When asking for an extension, based on an invitation from a family member or friend who is an Israeli citizen, you must attach a letter of explanation and support, and a photocopy of the ID of the person who is making the invitation.
- When asking for an extension for medical reasons, you must submit verifying documents from the hospital treating the person making the request, referring to the condition of the person making the request at the time of the request, and an estimation of the treatment period. The documents must be valid from one month before the request.
- When asking for an extension for a tourist, whose entry was granted for legal proceedings, you must submit documents verifying the continuation of the proceedings beyond the originally authorized date, including summons to legal deliberations, a list of the deliberation dates, and verification of the necessity to attend.
- When asking for an extension for a minor (under 18 years old) you must submit the minor's parent's permission (this includes citizens of countries who do not need an entry visa).
- Applicants claiming "Right of Return" must submit supporting documents, according to the Change of status from tourist to new immigrant procedure.
- We recommend consulting the fees table.
- You can pay by credit card, cash or cheque.
- Citizens of Belgium, Holland and Luxemburg are exempt from paying the service fee for 2 – 12 months from the time of entering Israel.
- When asking for an extension for a tourist, for whom a security bank deposit was made to ensure exiting Israel, you must request an extension on the deposit, when requesting the extension of stay.
- In cases in which the applicant is eligible under the "Right of Return", their passport must be valid for another 3 months only.