- When you file a complaint at a police station a new case file is opened in the computerized investigations system. You are given a personal username and password which lets you access the system at any time, and receive information regarding the complaint and the suspect or offender.
- The complaint file and information is made available within 24 hours of filing the complaint.
Who can use the information system for victims of crime (MENA)
- Victims of criminal offences.
Complainants in cases of death caused by negligent driving, section 64, of the Traffic Ordinance.
Complainants in cases of failure to stop at the scene of an accident, section 64a, of the Traffic Ordinance.
What information can you receive
You can access the system and view up-to-date information, such as:
The status of a complaint
Where the complaint is being handled.
Who is handling the complaint.
Information on suspects or offenders (when this information is available).
The system also updates victims on their right to voice an opinion during the different stages of the criminal proceedings, depending on the severity of the offense.
How to access the online system
- Enter the online system and enter your username and password.
- You can access the automated telephone system with your username and password by dialing 02-5017030 or by requesting to speak to an operator, if you don't remember your username or password.
If the information is not on the system, you can contact the police station in which the complaint was filed.
The information remains on the system for 2 years after the complaint closure date, or for 2 years from the offender's release date, if the offender is sentenced to imprisonment.