Who can apply
The Assisted Voluntary Return Department assists all foreign nationals who are in Israel illegally, in returning in a fair and dignified manner to their country of origin or other country willing to grant them a permanent residency permit.
The department provides a professional and efficient service, considering each applicant's individual needs. The department treats all applicants with respect, fairness and dignity, is sensitive to their situation and dedicated to providing the best assistance possible.
The department assists by:
- Purchasing plane tickets.
- Obtaining travel documents.
- Granting $3,500 to eligible applicants who have been classified as "infiltrators" from Sudan, Eritrea, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia or countries that do not have diplomatic relations with Israel.
- Contacting employers to recover wages and other work related payments.
- Providing protection from detainment until the flight schedule departure.
The service is provided free of charge.
How to apply
Enter the application voluntary return form, fill in your details and submit the form online by clicking send.
- The department works in close partnership with international organizations, airline companies and foreign diplomatic missions to provide the best service possible.
- Families, victims of human trafficking, minors and applicants with humanitarian or medical cases from all countries can receive additional assistance for integration in the destination country from the Center for International Migration and Integration (CIMI) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM). This may include pre-departure and post-arrival support, counseling, assistance in opening a business, education programs etc.