1. Objectives of funding and legal framework
1.1 Objectives of funding
The Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) invites proposals for multi-lateral R&D projects dealing with development of water technologies and other water issues in the Middle East. The awarded proposals will join the regional program established within the framework of the German-Israeli cooperation in Water Technology Research managed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and MOST.
The research shall focus on solutions to the water problems in the Middle East. The research should be conducted by at least one German research group, one Israeli research group and one non-Israeli research group from the Middle East. The research should be multi¬disciplinary and must demonstrate potential applicability and relevance to the needs of the water sector in the Middle East.
Qualifying Israeli scientific applicants in this framework may receive R&D grants from MOST according to the applicable national funding procedures and regulations.
German partners and partners from third countries in the Middle East shall refer to a corresponding BMBF call for proposals published at
1.2 Legal framework
Projects can be funded under the terms of this call and of the agreements concluded between BMBF and MOST. In this respect, the general regulations for funding, including the consideration of intellectual property rights formulated by the Ministries for all BMBF-MOST research co-operations, will be applied also to this field. Submitting a proposal does not automatically entitle applicants to a grant. Rather, grants will be awarded to proposals selected after the parties to this call have assessed the proposals according to the criteria set out in paragraph 9 of this call.
It is the intention of the parties issuing this call to fund research proposals selected hereunder for the three-year duration of the project. However, MOST funding must be approved on an annual basis, with the funding for the second and third years to be approved in accordance with the provisions of the research contract. The parties to this call reserve the right not to fund a second or third year of work for scientific-professional, administrative or budgetary reasons.
This call is subject to cancellation in the event of unforeseen budgetary constraints.
For Israeli Researchers:
A researcher who intends a sabbatical leave in the first year of the project cannot be approved as a principal investigator (PI) of the research proposal. A PI who intends a vacation or absence of more than three months should request permission from MOST in advance (through the relevant R&D Authority). A substitute to the PI will not be approved in the course of the first year.
2. Subject of research
Research projects will be carried out in the following research areas:
• Technologies to increase water use efficiency
• Water resources management
7. Key Dates
Final date for submission of proposals: August 12th, 2020 at 23:59 (German local time) and at 15:00 (Israel local time).
8. Guidelines for the Submission of Joint Research Proposals
Application forms are obtainable at MOST website (www.most.gov.il), from the Research Authorities of the universities in Israel and from the website of the German-Israeli Cooperation (www.cogeril.de). The use of the updated forms is obligatory.
Instructions for Israeli research teams:
In Israel, proposals must be prepared in English. Israeli applicants will use the new online submission system of MOST for submitting their proposals, through the following link- https://kf.most.gov.il.
In order to submit the application, each applicant will need to create an individual profile by approaching the relevant official in his institute or to by sending a request to the following email- MostProposalForm@most.gov.il.
If you encounter any technical problem, please contact Mr. Ezra Luzon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Ronen Tziolapaiv (email@example.com) or by sending an email to MostProposalForm@most.gov.il.
The submission process includes two phases:
1. The proposals must be submitted by the researchers to the relevant official in the Institute's research authority, through the online system by Wednesday, 05.08.2020 at 15:00 (local Israel time). The online system will be closed for submissions by the specified date and hour and no submissions will be accepted under any circumstances after the due date. A researcher who submitted his application may edit his proposal with an approval by the relevant official in the research authority in his institute, until the last submission date (Wednesday, 12.08.2020 at 15:00). It should be emphasized that an Israeli researcher who will not submit his proposal on time with an approval by the research authority in his institute will not be able to do so at a later date.
2. The institute will submit the final application no later than Wednesday, 12.08.2020 at 15:00 (local Israel time). This is the final formal phase for submitting the pre-proposals. Proposals, which will not be submitted by the institute by the due date, through the online system, will be disqualified.
Please pay attention, as technical problems are possible, it is strongly recommended to submit the application well in advance of the application deadline.
The German partner should use the electronic submission system as described in the German call text: https://www.bmbf.de/foerderungen
הערה: יובהר כי נכון למועד פרסום קול קורא / מכרז זה תקציב המדינה לשנים 2020/2021 לא אושר, ולכן לא קיים תקציב לביצוע התקשרות נשוא מכרז זה.
הספקים יאשרו במסגרת הגשת ההצעות לקול קורא / מכרז, כי הם מודעים לכך שבמידה ותקציב המדינה לא יאושר עד למועד פתיחת הצעות המחיר, הצעות המחיר לא תיפתחנה.
ההתקשרות וחתימת החוזה מותנים בקיום תקציב ייעודי מתאים בתקנה הרלוונטית להתקשרות נשוא מכרז זה. לא תבוצע כל פעילות בנושא, לפני חתימת הסכם ההתקשרות עם המשרד ע"י מורשה החתימה.