The goal of the Voucher Program is to expand the range of free choices available to eligible candidates for placement in the job market, within the framework of vocational training and professional integration of entitled individuals into the job market.
In order to be eligible, it is necessary to meet the following conditions:
- New immigrant / immigrant citizen / returning minor / returning resident / child of an immigrant who, on the date of receiving status, is over the age of 15 years old, and is at least 18 years of age at the time of requesting assistance ( Regulation 6.116)
- On the date of applying for assistance, (according to Regulation 6.116) the applicant is of employment age as detailed in the Age of Retirement Table as appears in Regulation 6.113, subsection 5.1.3.
- Hebrew proficiency – applicants must complete ulpan “aleph” or speak Hebrew at ulpan “aleph” level (even if they are within the period of Absorption Basket payments). This does not include a new immigrant with a learning disability, who has verification of their learning disability from a certified authority; in such a case, they may receive authorization for a voucher to study in their native language, without needing verification of completion of ulpan or knowledge of Hebrew.
- The applicant must be in one of the following categories:
- Not employed at the time of submitting a request.
- Employed in a job not commensurate with proven professional skills or qualifications (unskilled jobs such as cleaning, security, telephone work, etc.)
- Has a profession or trade from overseas that is not in demand in the Israeli job market.
- Referred to professional training by an Employment Center.
- Requests to study an in-demand profession in Israel in order to advance.
- Receipt of assistance is in accordance with the quota of a district’s Vouchers, and contingent upon the Employment Division budget.
- An applicant for assistance, who is at the same time studying in a course for the purpose of advancement, can receive assistance in accordance with this regulation, on condition that they meet all other criteria for assistance.
Period of Eligibility
- New immigrants – 10 years from the date of receipt of new-immigrant status or eligibility as a new immigrant.
- New immigrants from Ethiopia – 15 years from the date of receipt of new-immigrant status or eligibility as a new immigrant.
- Returning Residents – Two years from the date of receipt of returning resident status.
Conditions for Assistance
It is necessary to apply in person to a personal absorption counselor at a local branch or district office of the Ministry of Aliyah and Integration, and present the following documents:
- Detailed cost proposal of the educational institution
- Study program
- Approval of supervision/recognition of the study program in a specific educational institution by an authorized professional body
Note that assistance is contingent upon budgetary considerations at any given time.
More details are available from employment counselors at all Ministry of Aliyah and Integration branch and district offices.
Note that the information publicized here is general information only.
Personal details, such as length of residence in Israel, family status, and similar details, may result in the eligibility that applies to a particular individual differing from that listed here. Before taking any action, consult with the nearest office of the Ministry of Aliyah and Integration, and check that the information is valid in your situation. In case of any discrepancy between the information published here, and the rules and regulations, the rules and regulations will prevail.
Sample courses and areas of study that were authorized for persons eligible for participation in the costs of professional training (vouchers).
The list that is detailed here is provided as an information service only, and as an example of requests that were authorized. It is not a recommendation for studies at any particular educational institution. The State of Israel/Ministry of Aliyah and Integration has no connection with the educational institutions, nor does the State of Israel / Ministry of Aliyah and Integration have any responsibility for the administration of any educational institution or the studies at any institution.