If you are a tourist, you may be eligible to claim a VAT refund on items purchased when in Israel. In order to obtain a VAT refund you need passport, invoices and VAT refund forms (which you filled out when buying your items). Please follow these steps and make sure all of the following terms and conditions are completed:
- You can receive a VAT refund if you are a non-Israeli citizen or resident, you don't hold an Israeli passport and you are visiting Israel as a tourist.
- You can only receive VAT refunds for items purchased from businesses recognized by the Israeli Tax Authority and the Ministry of Tourism that are included in the VAT refund arrangement.
- In order to receive the refund you must show your passport or give your passport details (name, passport number etc.). This is to identify you as a tourist.
- You can receive refunds for items purchased up to 400 NIS including VAT per business per single transaction. All items must be included in one invoice/receipt.
- The items you purchased must be for personal use only, and in a non-commercial quantity of 10 items or less.
- You cannot receive a VAT refund for food, beverages or tobacco products.
- You cannot receive a VAT refund for services.
- You must take your purchased items with you when living Israel to receive the refund.
- You must fill out the VAT refund claim form when purchasing the items, and make the claim in Israel before leaving the country.